Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lazy baking weekends




Remember when I made all of those peanut butter cookies a few weeks ago? Yeah it was that time that I told girl scouts to watch out (don't worry... i love girl scouts. I actually wound up buying 6 boxes of cookies from my colleagues daughter the next day- I caved in).

Well my fellow bakers, you know that the title of this post is not entirely accurate. You see, although baking can be very relaxing, it requires a fair amount of prep, concentration, skill, and then clean up! Making goodies from scratch is not lazy at all!

What IS lazy is taking pre frozen dough balls out of the freezer and throwing them in the oven for a quick treat instead!


Remember that I used the new mini scoopers to scoop out all of those perfectly measured dough balls? Well, while one of the sheets was baking, I scooped out half of the dough onto a parchment lined cutting board- here you don't need to be concerned with spacing, just so long as they  don't touch.  Then, I placed the board with all of the dough balls on it in the freezer, and went back to baking the rest of the cookies, pulling out the drying rack, making a fresh pot of coffee (because coffee and pb cookies taste sooooo good together!) Cleaning up my tools and my work zone, taste testing each batch - baking is a lot of work! After all that was done (about an hour later) I pulled the dough board out of the freezer, pulled the frozen balls off the paper and plopped them into a plastic freezer bag. For good measure, I wrote the date on the bag. You don't want these to be in The freezer too long.

When you are ready to bake one of these pre-made treats, place the frozen dough on a cookie sheet as you normally would, spacing a few inches apart. Then turn the oven on to 350 and let the dough come to room temperature. Once dough has softened, you can make hatch arms with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes turning half way. Let cool and eat!  Easy peasy. And perfect for a lazy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment